Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 FYI

So my 2008 wasn't so hot healthwise which makes it even more important to ensure I am on the right track for 2009. Mid 2007 I did a plan called FYI (for your improvement). I like the snapshot in time, the accountability, the follow-up, and the sense of direction that came with it. I followed up with a PDP (performance development plan), like a year end review. Being that this plan is for an entire year I think I may need some mini goals or check-ins.





Snapshot:


15Dec FEV1 103% FEV25-75 102% those are excellent numbers, the best report that I have had. I have trouble believing it, as a matter of fact it is not 'confirmed' in my head unless I see it again. I looked back over my records and I have seen a few points higher on both values but never in the same session were both numbers that good, so to me that is the best numbers I have seen and a good way to close out 08 after a rough year if only I can keep those. I have been slacking in frequency and intensity at the gym and have gained weight so I would like to improve on both of those fronts as well; I have not been eating very healthy either.











And Now For the Record . . . Here is MY FYI plan





Current Regimen:


TOBI, 2 pulmozyme (in am), hypertonic saline for TOBI 'off' months


xopenex or albuterol before treatments


respirtech quickstart 2x a day 30 min


respirtech custom 10 minute as needed


workout 2-3days a week


zyrtec, singulair, zithromax, nasacort, advair HFA, prevacid 2x day


allergy shots & xolair


calcium+vit D, 500mg vit C 2x day, probiotic, B complex, Magnesium (after ABX)








My FYI Plan:

Up my workout routine to 5 days a week

Start jogging again with a goal of getting to 3 miles 2-3 days a week (with my Knees permission)

Loose around ~20 pounds, more a size/look/feel issue but that's probably about max I'd want

Be evaluated for Tiger-2

Do more huffing throughout the day

start doing more HTS between now and when I can no longer (if I do tiger-2)

Start doing a BS monitoring 2x month or so

FLUSH MY PORT ON SCHEDULE (I am horrible about this)

Find a more efficient & compliant way to wash/sanitize my nebs

Determine a new peak flow range

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by