Friday, April 23, 2010

Candida Treatment & Clinical Outcomes

This is what I have done to treat candida. In addition I have added in trying to take some measures to alter the acidity of my body. In addition to the items listed below I have been drinking green smoothies every day and drinking water with lemon juice, braggs whole apple cider vinegar, or grape fruit seed extract in it.

The convoluted treatment schedule I followed (PS I would do this all different now):
diflucan started ~March 6th
started taking caprylic acid & garlic ~ March 12th
dabbling in reducing sugar in diet ~ March 15th
added in oregano oil and pau'd'arco tea ~ March 19th
truly started sticking to a MEVY diet~March 29th
fell off the wagon a bit with sugar splurge April 13-16th
rededicated to MEVY for two more weeks April 17th
NOte: Diflucan was 150mg every day from March 6th through April 21st (6.5weeks) then I am finishing up with every other day until 5May (Note: it was supposed to be 200mg but I already had the 150's and it RX as 4 weeks then 2 of every other day. I kept fubbing my dietary attempts and wanted the diflucan to coincide so I extended it though until I wrote this I didnt realize by how much, oops)

So its worth noting that I have talked about my previous die off reactions in other posts. I was extremely affected by both it being a bad time of year for me (March) and the die off reaction. I was having hemoptysis off and on for 3 days around april 9-11th. Afterward I got very productive and short of breath, if I hadnt been in the middle of my 'experiment' and felt like that normally I would have tossed in the towel and headed off to see the doctor. BOY am I glad I waited it out. It is also worth noting that I did not feel well at all until last week about April 16th and that is why I decided to rededicate very stringently for two weeks because I realized despite adding back in some sugar whcih made me sleepy I was feeling better overall than I had in a long time. Before that I had one sort of die off reaction after another or I was just fatigued in general.

Numbers speak louder than words:

FEV1 114% which is 14% up from 2 months ago and the ONLY thing different is the candida treatment, I even stopped taking NAC so I could not confound the results with a double variable.

FEV25-75 102% which is up 12% from 2 months ago.

Disclaimer: I actually did take colistin for the first time in March, I did not notice a huge difference when I was on it but I also had a hideous cold, bad time of year, hemoptysis, die off reactions etc. My being SOB and productive extended well beyond when I was done with that as did my pain and pleurisy so I do not believe colistin has anything to do with the results. Additionally I was showing no signs of infection when I started it which was shortly after IV's with zosyn and the doctor confirming after that my lungs sounded completely clear and I was not getting any 'goo' up at all.

Additionally, my chronic pain in my left side is gone, pleural pain gone, hemoptysis gone, mucous production greatly reduced, my tongue is pinker than I ever remember and the 'sores' on the side where it started looking crazy after this treatment was begun are GONE, and I have more energy than I remember having in a long, long, long time.....like years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by