Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009 the good, the bad, and the ugly

So it's almost time to say goodbye to another year, I would say 'long year' but in actuality it has flown by. Usually I am pretty much ready to say goodbye to the year but despite some trying times I am just happy to reflect and get ready for another year. Maybe its my overall attempt at changing my spirit or having a softer outlook or maybe it's just being more grateful for what I have. Not to say that the year has all been a 'bed of roses' and lately it's been a bit prickly but.....that is life right? As my grandmother says "this too shall pass".

So let's get on with it then shall we.........

There was the GOOD

my salvation.....being baptized in conjunction with my grandmother has to go on the top list of all time

finding an interactive and uplifting church home that welcomes everyone as they are

working on my marriage and reaping the benefits

moving significantly closer to being debt free

meeting new friends at work and church

improving my lung functions

The BAD

a horrid allergy year including 3 allergic reactions resulting in steroids & serious 'not fun' times

a new lung bug (who's relevance is yet a mystery) that I'm totally not jiving

having a cold/flu/lung infection for pretty much the past 3 months with few breaks in between

fertility treatments back to back and the oh so not enjoyable side effects

and the UGLY

Loosing Grandpa Keith, Grandma H, and watching so many loose their battle waiting for lungs

Loosing our baby early on after trying so hard to have 'him'

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by