Friday, December 18, 2009

Bosu Training

I wanted to tell everyone about my newest mucous relief workout. I have previously went to a gym and there was a bosu class that I loved but due to scheduling could only take about once per month. It always seemed on those days I got great clearance. I had a hunch it had to do with the type of workout it was but wasnt sure. Now we have decided to make a small home gym so its more convenient for us both to work out and I can avoid the germy gym and feel free to cough. I decided to invest in a bosu for toning since we couldn't afford nor had the room for a big bowflex or something.

I have confirmed my theory that it is the type of workout and not just a given day so I wanted to let everyone know about it. First let me say this is not a little pansy work out you can do hard core strength training on here, with the aid of some resistance bands, hand weights, and perhaps a small weighted soft ball you can do a TON. These classes @ the gym are considered very hard and when a guy comes in expecting to 'have fun' they leave crying (which is hilarious). Anyway the instability of the surface leads to core training no matter what you are doing. Then during the workout you are breathing hard and laying on your stomach, back, sides, walking up and down, bouncing, you name it on the ball. With all the different positions during the hard breathing it seems to really help dislodge mucous for me.

What's nice is you can do this at your own pace at any level and the book they send shows the excercises using the bar (easier) or not, there are all sorts things you can do to varying levels of intensity. There is also another set of 3 videos you can buy which I will eventually get too.

If anyone decides to try one out let me know what you think. Oh and it fits easily into a side area of a room and you just need to be able to step one step to the side and back to work out.

The bosu below is the dome, its basically 1/2 of a really strong ball mounted to a heavy non-skid platform. I bought the one that comes with a docking station below for $80 from and ebay store that sells refurbished ones (regularly $150) and so far so good.




The trainer helps because having the bar there you can do some additional excercises you cant otherwise do and you have the clips at the base thats hard to see here where you can attach resistance bands. It also comes with a workout video and brochure to show you how to do all the excercises.
Here is a short video just showing a couple things.







No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by