Friday, March 12, 2010

Candida Test Results

So they tested my IgG, IgM, and IgA. Normal is 0-1.0 and mine were 1.3, 1.8, & 2.0

I have to get some additional clarification on my stool culture because it lists:
no negative gram negative flora
rare candida
no (then it lists alot of E.Coli, shigella and others you dont want)

When I was on the phone I thought the nurse said it looked ok becuase it HAD the normal, I find the complete lack of normal flora suspicious. There are 3 main gut flora an imbalance is a bad thing, a complete lack is amazingly bad.

I am also not sure if the rare candida means only a few or a rare species they couldnt ID other than albicans.
If rare means only a few and no normal flora truly means none then I wonder if the sample was bad. Anyway I will talk with my FNP next week.

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting. Can you discuss exactly what test you requested (the name of it) so those of us who want to check it out too can?

    Thanks so much for documenting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had posted in an earlier post that I will post the exact tests that were ordered but I have to get the slip/name from my doctor. I was hoping it would show on the results I had her send but its not. Also I think they ordered the less optimal stool culture as you should get the one that quantitates so I want to find out what the optimal one is.

    And your welcome

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by