Friday, March 12, 2010

Treating Candida - Western Way

Based on my results and symptoms my FNP wanted to pursue treatment. She said to start on fluconazole  150mg once a day for 4 weeks and then every other day for two more weeks. Additionally the integrated medicine book that she made a copy of for me mentioned the benefit of grape fruit seed extract, I will detail that in the next post talking about the wholistic treatment of candida.

My FNP has her foot in both worlds so to speak so she tries to integrate alternative and traditional treatments which I find makes her very open to ideas but also cautious which is good. There is an expert in the area for all things alternative but no insurance accepted and my insurance wont reimburse since they are out of network. Oh the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by