Monday, March 15, 2010

Candida - What are the Symptoms?

From my reading it seems excess of candida causes three main types problems:
gastrointestinal and urinary tract
allergic reactions
emotional / mental difficulties

I am just amazed at how much these top symptoms, in purple in honor of CF ;-)....SOUND like CF. Now I am not saying correlation means causation here. Meaning just because so many cf'ers HAVE these symptoms does not mean they HAVE candida overgrowth nor am I saying just because we all use tons of antibiotics, steroids, and many use hormonal birth control means we HAVE to have overgrowth either. However, isnt it often the case that we just have to expect a progressive worsening over time of these symptoms? What if some of that worsening has to do with candida toxins and overgrowth and NOT with normal degeneration of condition?

I will list more of why I questioned my 'progression' later but I just wanted to post these common symtoms from my reading. And yes, I realize the list is so extensive that everyone has some things on this list, CF or not.

Common Symptoms reportedly include:
abdominal gas and acid reflux
chemical sensitivity
sinus inflammation
persistent cough
constipation/indigestion/diarrhea
sore throat
chronic pain
athlete's foot/jock itch/yeast infection/thrush/vaginitis
cognitive impairment/hyperactivity
cravings for alcohol/carbs/sweets
depression/irritability/anxiety
earaches eczema/itchy skin
erectile dysfunction/low sex drive
excessive fatigue
headaches/migraines head fog/poor memory
pre-menstrual syndrome

rectal itching

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by