Thursday, January 28, 2010

Plugging Along

Last night I was going to write a brief blog commenting about getting up some more 'plug like' material. I wouldnt consider them a full plug but since I am almost completely non-productive right now and what I do get up is light yellow (yeah) and thin (double yeah) this is definately some older stuff I have dislodged and is somewhat 'pellet-like'. So hopefully the steroids, aspirin at night, ibuprofen during the day, anti-inflammatory diet, and NAC throughout the day are all helping.

Not too much to my surprise I got a call today saying that the doctor believes my X-ray from the ER this past weekend is showing plugging whcih is what would cause the pain I was having. So most likely the inflammation started, I chose to hold off on steroids, the inflammation continued holding in the mucous, then where that mucous was drying out and hanging out I started to get more and more pain and inflammation. That would make sense because the pain started in a localized area, I felt liek something was stuck after being 'beat' I could huff and dislodge some but not what it felt I needed too, then I got the intense pain. By the next day that pain went away (painkiller was needed at night) then the pain continued over the course of a week and spread out and was no longer isolated to one location. A week later to the day is when I went to the ER for a chest X-ray to make sure nothing was seriously going on since the pain got so much worse so fast and was accompanied by chest tightness (happens when I have something 'stuck' or right before a bleed).

Anyway thats my story and hopefully I will be chugging along soon instead of plugging along. I have been doing everythign right except for the excercise. The past two weeks I havent done alot from not feeling well. When on steroids I am up late, tired in the morning, cant get up early to excercise and repeat. I got a RX for ambien CR today so hopefully I can sleep and get up on time. I made a deal with hubby to kick me out of bed no matter what when my alarm goes off. An extra hour of sleep isnt worth keeping those plugs in for!

1 comment:

  1. have to say I just had a fabulous vest session so this plan is definately working and there was also definately some small streaking in the lungs at some point--I now have proof

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by