Wednesday, January 27, 2010

RAOK

One of my goals for the new year was to do a random act of kindness per month. I said some would be small, some may be big, some I would share and some I would not. I feel that you dilute the full benefits of your RAOK by 'telling' about it if you are doing it in a way to show off which I am not and is why I am not going to tell everythign all the time. I do think it is so fun to help others and hope that by blogging about it others may want to join me in doing some RAOK and starting a ripple effect.

I will always try to post one that doesnt cost money because usually those are the best ones. Maybe I will do one of each per month.

February

Tonight I did a really fun RAOK. It was our first night of a growth group for church called Looking Up that another lady and I started it is for people dealing with chronic illnesses or supporting others who are. It was a small group and one guy came in looking to be in so much pain and he was talking softly and said he apologized but at the next group he would be a 180degree different and more up to talking. He said he had been without his neurontin for his epilepsy and his lyrica for his fibromyalgia for almost two days and would be out until saturday because of some insurance snafu's. They have no money at all, living with friends, disabled, older, etc. After the group I offered to drive to the pharmacy with him and buy him two days worth of medication. So I am going to rest easy tonight knowing that he wont have a seizure and can hopefully get a bit of sleep.

January

I paid for the couple behind me's sandwich and soup at subway......they were so cute how could I not? 

I saw my neighbors garage door was up and went to put it down for her and check on her since all her lights were on and found her (100 years old) wrestling with her back door. She could not get it open because of the weather it was sort of 'stuck' and her son was coming in to town at midnight, her plan if she couldnt get the door open was to stay up waiting for him. She was so worried she would be a mess the next day or fall asleep and have him locked out. I was so happy I decided to go over there.

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful post, and so inspiring. Thanks for taking care of others...it will come back to you ten fold, I'm certain.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by