Monday, December 29, 2008

5K -- I made it!

Well I am so proud to say I accomplished my goals #1 I finished #2 I didnt stop and walk! Yahoo! I am also pretty pleased with my time since I had only done treadmill running (easier) at a pace of around 10:30-11:30 min miles and max distance to date was 2.7 miles I thought my time would be alot slower for the 5K. I finished in 32min43.5seconds ! I am very happy. Within the first 5 minutes I wondered what the HEdoubleLL I was thinking (I always feel this way first 5 minutes excercising) then I did remarkably well. I came up on a 1 mile marker and was very surprised, I saw about 10 minutes on my watch, I figured I better stay at that pace until 2 miles and then see hwo I was doing, at 2 miles I felt good but I was afraid I woudl burn out before 3, never having run 3 miles so I stayed at same pace, I was hoping to increase at 2.5 if I felt good. There was not a 2.5 mile marker and when I thought it would be about 2.5 I think it was more like 2.75 and I started feeling it in my legs a bit but not too bad, I decided to keep same pace as my goal was only to not stop and I was afraid of increasing speed and burning out. I was SO surprised to see the 3 mile marker come up, time flew and I was doing good so I sped up to try and finish strong which I did. After race these two moms pushing stroller were hugging me and telling me how great I did, I was right behind them whole way and they always do these. It was a really great feeling. Jared decided to just be my cheering section on account of his planters wart being angry with most recent treatment and a couple other reasons. I am glad in end because I dont know how well I would have done pushing stroller and how his knees would have held out without proper shoes or any training. I am so thankful to this site and to Debbie for the inspiration to do this. I thought about her while I was running. I will definately do one of these again. I have looked and tehre is one in Mackinaw Island at end of october, I would like to see if DH would like to do it with me and we can stay for weekend and have a family weekend retreat, I think it woudl be great. I have always wanted to go to mackinaw, even though I live in MI I have never been! Overall feeling good, expecting to be sore tomorrow. Thank you to all for your inspiration and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by