Monday, December 29, 2008

Reaction to Bronch?

I had hemoptysis, about1/2-1cup blood with clots over 6 hours sunday, then a bit more on monday, CT on monday looked about same as a month ago (when I was being evaluated due to recurrent pleurisy and decreased PFT's). A month ago we switched to highest strength advair HFA and it was improving on its own so we decided to 'watch and see'. Yesterday I had a bronch with lavage.

Basically new dr thinks its infectious in nature a new bug not showing in sputum culture etc and is nervous to give steroids and have something 'take hold'. So as a cautious path he is doing the cultures out of the wash and then we will examine the steroid path if nothing new shows up. I think its inflammatory in nature.

ANyway of course they retrieved lots blood and clots from my right lung but oddly enough the left has been hurting more often then the right. I felt fine for a few hours afterward then my temperature plummeted and I was freezing beyond belief, then it skyrocketed from its low (not sure how low it got) past my normal 96.8 (I run low anyway) to 102. I feel very tight chested, very achey, still low grade fever, all my joints hurt.

I guess I feel flu-like which I read can be 'normal'. But I was just wondering if its normal to be so short of breath, I cant even make it to the red zone on my peak flow without a treatment. I did call nurse and she said take albuterol Q4 but even after that I dont feel normal at all, I cant walk up a flight stiars wihtout my heart beating out of my chest. Do you think its irritation from the saline?

Any experiences you have would be greatly appreciated, I'm trying not to be a whimp. I probably should have taken today off but I went to work now I'm whooped. I have very important days at work thur/fri too so now I am torn on what to do. I already missed 5 weeks of work this year for 2 rounds IV's back to back, I'm in a new job and I have alot folks counting on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by