Monday, December 29, 2008

5K & Xolair Update (also confession time)

Well last week my goal was to run for 30 minutes, which I did and clocked 2.67 miles which is not that great speed wise but I was very happy with myself to be able to jog 30 minutes without stopping, the speed I can work on. The other thing I did was I read that to figure out what your time woudl be in a 5K see how fast you can run a mile and then you do a calculation from there. I remember in high school and middle school we had to run a mile in under 10 minutes in gym and I remmebr thinking, goodness 10 minutes, who cant run a mile in 10 minutes! LOL. Well what do you think my time was on my mile? Yup! 10:07, I was disapointed since I figured I woudl run end 0.1 as quick as I could and get in under 10 but then I still got caught longer than 10:00. That is ok though because I will be able to see my improvement when I try it again next month.

As far as Xolair I go in for my 2nd dosing shots on thursday but friday all I had to do was breath regular and I coudl feel 'goo' coming up my airways and I would cough and it would come right out. Also, I coughed first hting friday morning and stuff came out which is not normal for me, I normally have to 'coax' it out with treatments and coughing. I also coughed up two hard pellet like little dark green pieces about size small cous cous and I wonder if it is the xolair already working? If it is reducing the IGE levels already (which it should) then that is causing a reduction in my inflammation then it makes sense that things should be coming up easier and I may get some older stuff or even plugs up. This is my hope so we shall see! I say bring on the next $500 shot! Wow am I glad I live in the USA where I can say that, I figure if they billed $2,100 for a one month supply and I get 2 sets shots a month then that is about 1000 per dose and each does is divided into two shots so each syringe full is like liquid gold!

Now to bad part, confession time. Dear CF (& readers), I confess I have allowed you to get ahold in my lungs this week by failing to do my evening treatments 3 times! All the xolair and jogging in the world wont matter if I become a slacker again! Ok enough for the funny stuff. I am yelling at myself and so as a punishment I figured I would admit it to the world. I skipped my evening treatment on tuesday, tired, got home late and realized I was outside my 3 hour window for TOBI so I skipped. Then thursday and friday I fell asleep putting my daughter to sleep and never woek up! Bad bad. I dont get too down on myself if I flub one treatment a week but 3! No excuses. My punishment to myself? Well we are going to a party tomorrow and it will be from around 2pm unitl midnight and I am taking my respirtech and meds and missing out on some party tiem to do my treatments in evening, I woudl have much rather 'saved' my 1x a week flub for teh party but now that is not an option, I will also be taking my neb and flutter out on the town tonight when I take my husband out for his brithday.

Now wouldn tit have been much easier to just do them in first place then write out this long paragraph abotu scrwing up (the perfectionist in my is cringing just adimitting all this) yep, so maybe next time I wont do it! take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by