Monday, December 29, 2008

Respirtech Review

Well I must say that the respirtech is definately doing better for me. I already posted my review on the advantages it had as far as user friendly, convenience etc but was not sure if it was actually working better. Now I am sure. It has been a few weeks since IV's so I have a bit of mucous working its way back into my system and respirtech is proving superior at getting it out. How do I know? In previous conversations with hillrom they had told me I should not do my vest close to bed becuase it probably interfered with my sleep since I woudl be wakign up to cough stuff out. I have never had this problem, I rarely ever am productive with my evening treatment and really only wake up to cough when sick or having a flare up of allergies or getting ready to need a tune up. Now I am waking up with bits of junk needing to cough! I also am not coughing up big amounts but little teeny bits, I have never coughed up little teeny pieces of sputum because I believe** I could never get them up, once it was larger I could cough or huff it out but now these little pieces just float up and I feel them and cough and out they come! Did I mention that these results are without my custom program and a vest once size too big (still fits better than hillrom)? The training coordinator, Josh also has CF and has been out on IV's. They appologized for not getting with me sooner and tried to walk me through some basics over the phone (I had been using quickstart which is very easy and obviously working well) and will schedule someone asap to come out. I believe every person I have spoken with there has some family connection to CF which is amazing! Also another bonus--this vest doesnt make my skin red and itchy, I just realized that a few minutes ago when I was thinking about my eyes not bouncing around so much. Somehow this vest only shakes me where I need it! Repirtech 1-800-793-1261 www.respirtech.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by