Monday, December 29, 2008

FYI-For Your Improvement 2007

I have been thinking about this subject for about a month now. There has been a book floating around my work place for about a year now called FYI For Your Improvement and it has chapters about different traits and if you think you are weak on one then you look it up. Each trait has different levels, you assess what level you feel you are at and then read about the next and so forth. I have been thinking this is a good way of looking at our health, our lifestyle, and the maintenance which we have to comply with in order to maintain both. We are all at different levels with: our disease, compliance, attitude & outlook, medications, therapies, and so much more. I have read some of the chapters at work in areas that I think I am weak in such as teamwork (I work best alone, others slow me down ) and inclusiveness (a bit headstrong ) and gotten good ideas from them for the level above where I feel I am at. Just like J-E-L-L-O, there is always room for more, improvement that is!

So, I challenge you all to find an area that you are weak in and figure out what you can do to 'get to the next level'. While I wont be doing performance reviews your 'year end performance' will show whether you took my challenge and my hope is that your payoff will be in health.

And Now For the Record . . . Here is MY FYI plan

Current Regimen (as of last month before I started working on FYI):
TOBI every other month
xopenex in morning
respirtech quickstart 2x a day 30 min
pulmozyme 2 vials in morning
workout 3-5days a week
zyrtec, singulair, zithromax, nasacort, advair, calcium with vit D, 1000mg vit C 2x day, probiotic (when I remember)

My FYI Plan:
started taking B complex & magnesium
fought to get an e-flow
requested to start HTS
continued with allergy shots (despite hating them)
requested xolair shots
started jogging and committed to a 5K
checked out the book my Dr. Perricone about anti-inflammatory diet
put a bottle of water in my fridge with a note to take my probiotic pill

If you can think of anything else that I can do to imrpove please let me know. I am not doing them all at once but trying to make small positive changes and becoming an even bigger advocate for my owh healthcare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by