Monday, December 29, 2008

5K

Well I was not sure if I would run the 5K I committed to today or not since i took a spill on wednesday whcih resulted in a twisted ankle and bumped knee/hand but I decided to run a couple blocks, see how it felt, stretch and re-evaluate. Well I went for the run and it went well (ask me tomorrow if it was a good idea or not LOL. RESULTS! (unoffical website isnt up yet) My goal was to not do too much worse than my first one that was without the jog stroller and Lillian since with jogging stroller is a bit harder. I BEAT my time by 1:02 YAHOO! My time was 31:41 so I am very happy. Lillian relaly seemed to enjoy herself watching and talking to all the runners and dogs of course! I really enjoy a number of things about jogging like: it sets a good example for my daughter (active lifestyle), it keeps me healthy, it is getting me trim, it no doubt increases my lung function and stamina, it really relieves stress, but you know what is BEST OF ALL? All the junk I cough up! For my first 5K about 6 weeks ago I coughed up a plug wiht just a streak of blood in it (no follow up blood) so that was a good thing. This time I felt that horrid nasty taste like when something just WONT come out and is stuck and old and nasty immediately after runnning. So I walked away from crowd as part of a cool down and hacked my lungs up, it felt great, I got lots dark green little pieces, I wont call them plugs because they were so tiny but there were LOTS of them in sputum. I am VERY excited about this. I actually walked over and did all my hackign and spitting in one spot and was more proud of all I got up than my time LOL! Last time I did pulmozyme in morning before run and it started working during run which I didnt like, this time I decided to run, get up all I could, then do pulmozyme after run so it could work on any residual nasty. I still coughed up a TON after running so hard so I think this was a good plan. I did pulmozyme on way home and am now doing a good vest treatment and some HTS. Looking to get a few more good ones out before days end. Of course there is stil the fact that my joints dont appreciate the running but i figure if I can get my lungs to outlast my joints I am doign good! LOL Hubby had a LAN party today so only picture I have is of Lillian and I before th run and I still need download that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by