Monday, December 29, 2008

Respirtech Thumbs Up-WAY UP!

Well I didnt get my respirtech on friday as expected but I did get it on monday so I have now used it for 4 therapies. It gets a big thumbs up! My husband says it sounds like a washing machine off balance when it starts up and that the buttons sound like our microwave ! So yes, it is louder but #1 I dont think its as annoying sounding because the part I hated was the smacking of the tubes together from the hill-rom, that clankey clank clank about drove me nuts. #2 favorite thing is it doesnt 'walk' when I am using it. I keep my vest under my desk and I would have to push it back all the time since we have hard wood floors there were certain setting that woudl make it dance a jig! This one is small and stays put and doesnt bounce all over reverberating off the wood desk like when I woudl push the hillrom too far back. #3 The tubes dont pop off! The tubes dont pop off! The tubes dont pop off! The tubes dont pop off! The tubes dont pop off! The tubes dont pop off! The tubes dont pop off! The tubes dont pop off! The tubes dont pop off! The tubes dont pop off! The tubes dont pop off! OK I HATED THAT, can you tell, whenever my tubes popped off it annoyed me to no end. Plus these tubes dont fly all over smacking my leg until its irritated and pink. #4 the jacket is more fitted. They actually sent me a jacket that is too big (my only complaint so far) but this was my nurse's fault as she measured my torso and wrote a 94 for soe reason umm no. Anwyay they just went by my bra size to know that measurement but I need one size smaller I believe and this STILL fits better than my hillrom. #5 the jacket doesnt ride up! Yeah. I had been putting non slip stuff made for kitchen use on my body then putting my hillrom jacket up as it always rode up a bit but with my larger chest recently it woudl ride up horribly. #6 it is pre-programmed! Yeah! YEah! Yeah! I would always forget to change my setting and end up doing 10 min on one of the seetting less on the next etc etc #7 it comes with the cool bag. I might even consider lugging it around with me since I have the bag, I had never traveled with my hillrom since it is soooo huge. #8 the PAUSE button, I alwyas have to excuse myself for a potty break during the vest and well, this comes in very handy I cant really compare how much mucous I am getting up since I am pretty non productive right now having just finished IV's. This vest rides up under my arms a bit but from what I read I believe that is just because this one is too big for me. I cant wait for the guy to come design a program for me and bring me a smaller vest. Good news too is that it looks as though my insurance will be covering this 100%, keeping fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by