Monday, December 29, 2008

Wellness Pact

Well clinic visit was yesterday after still not feeling up to par post 5 days of zithromax which I never expected to work anyway. I was disapointed to find out that my AFB culture was never done, they sent it out correctly but the hospital messed up and ran a normal culture NOT and AFB and since I was treated with the zithro giving a new culture was not an option since the myco if I had it would have been treated by the azithromycin. I guess my reputation preceeds me because the lab lady called my nurse and said "they messed up" and I KNOW this patient, she is very proactive and is NOT going to be happy LOL.

Yesterday showed an FEV1 of 92 after my post IV one a few weeks ago was 103%. The doctor said that although the FEV1 was not that bad that combined with my intermittent bleeding and lung pain over the past week and my extreme fatigue did = a problem. What is interestign is since they just did a culture agian last week it showed no PA, I ALWAYS culture PA and acrhomabacter. This time no PA, moderate normal flora with a few yeast, and moderate to many achrombacter. The instructions on achormabater are not very clear, generally it is believed that they do not cause a problem BUT since they are the only thing showing in the culture we will treat that. They are resistant little buggers so they are intermediate sensitive to merropenem which we did last time for the 3rd week and sensitive to Zosyn which we will try this time. I will also do tobra because my culture 2 weeks ago did show PA so to avoid possible resistance when treating with monotherapy we will do the tobra as well.

I am assuming they did a crap job on my clture and did not find the PA and its still there however if the benefit of 6 weeks of antibiotics and starting two more is that I do a good job killing down the PA then that will be a good side benefit. Sooo the plan is that I am getting an OGTT today since I have not had one since I was pregnant with my duaghter just to make sure as it could explain some of the fatigue. Then we will test IGE to make sure my ABPA is not flairing up although my xrays look good and lungs sound clear. I will start zosyn today and next week if I am not 'back' to snuff I will go for 1 week in hospital. I have never been in hospital more than 1.5 or so and I HATE IT. Doc feels I need to not be run down, rest etc and wanted me to go this week but I refused but had to make the deal for next week if no improvement.

So I am to REST while home etc so hubby and I had a serious tlak last night and I am not to lift a finger. I am also doing vest and HTS 4 times a day and going to try and jog each day with my huffing process as well to see what I can get up. Fun fun fun. Also we are probably going ot do a fecal fat as I have some indigestion issues they want to check out, they want me to start on enzymes but I really dont think I am PI. ah well I am rambling and about to get my last blood draw so I better close up shop so I can go EAT ugh I hate these tests, headache, nausea and lethargy I always fele horrid the rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by