Monday, December 29, 2008

Dave Ramsey Weirdo 2

Well I am just updating you all on our dave Ramsey journey to get out of debt, completely, all debt...forever, first on the list is the consumer list but the house is within the picture. There is a GREAT documentary on credit cards called maxed out, Dave Ramsey had him on the show, you can find it via google or you tube.

So far I have read the books the total money makeover which I highly recommend as the first book you read and secondly financial peace which I also highly recommend. My husband and I went to the live event Jan 24th and decided to start the program on February 1st. Since February 1st we have 1st saved $2000 then we paid of $3,300 in credit card debt. We are on a roll and doing great. There are SO many ways to save money and make extra money and we are working hard. Everyone can do that, we arent special, we are just determined. My #1 motivation is being able to decide when I should 'retire' based solely on my health and NOT on my need to work. We are GAZELLE INTENSE, you will get that when you read the book! We are only going to be able to do that by learning to live on less than we make. Sounds like a boring time? Actually we are so happy and very content and more in tune and relaxed. Its great. I highly encourage you to read the books if you have ANY debt. We have a plan to be debt free within 7 years--tops, we are talking everything, home included !

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by